Thursday, November 25, 2021

FL Road Trip Part 3 (MK and Resort Day)

Our second day was Magic Kingdom day!  We all know I was just there for the Haunted Mansion, hahaha.




We started off in Adventureland.


Jungle Cruise has discovered new popularity since the movie came out, so we joined the virtual que using Kenzie's disability access and walked around Adventureland until our return time. 



This is as close as Kaitlyn would get because she didn't want to get wet (rolls eyes)

And in a display of how different the girls are... Kenzie thought the water spraying her was hilarious!






She owns this ride, hahaha



After Jungle Cruise, we split up for a bit while Kaitlyn and I went on some rides that aren't wheelchair accessible (Pirates of The Caribbean and Haunted Mansion).  Kenzie and Daddy went to the Tiki Room and caught a cavalcade where she saw Minnie for the first time on the trip!


It's hard to see, but my shirt says "Forget the Castle, I'm here for the Haunted Mansion".  I don't usually like taking pictures, but I've been trying to be better about it for the girls.  And I loved how all the Haunted Mansion ones came out!









Kenzie in her "Doombuggy" in front of Haunted Mansion


Donald Duck photo for Grandpa!  No matter how hard we tried, we couldn't get Kenzie to look at the camera.

She wouldn't look here either.  She wouldn't tear her eyes away from the Minnie statue!

It's a Small World!



On the Little Mermaid ride, sitting in her sea shell.

Continuing to try to work my way through all the special 50th Anniversary foods (spoiler alert: we didn't come close.  Every restaurant and food kiosk had something). My drink had a white chocolate mermaid tail on top, so I took a picture with the Little Mermaid!

While Kaitlyn and I waited in an hour plus line for Mine Train... Kenzie rode Winnie the Pooh twice.  She apparently liked sitting in the "honey pots"!

The Haunted Mansion themed 50th Anniversary Special at Columbia Harbor House.

Ride 2 on the Haunted Mansion...

Princess Cavalcade




I MIGHT have this poster hanging in my bedroom, since the World's Best Husband surprised me with it!

We bailed before the crowds left.  Since we could see the fireworks from our hotel, we didn't stick around for them.  Which meant we were first in line for the ferry back to the hotel where Kenz made a couple new friends!

The next day we had a down day at the resort.  We knew Kenzie would be tired from the long day at Magic Kingdom, so we wanted her to be able to sleep in.  She was obviously not as enthralled by the Mickey waffles as Kaitlyn and I were.



Morning walk around the resort while waiting for Oma and Opa to arrive!




The geyser erupts every hour.

Loving on Oma and Opa!








Lunch with Oma and Opa at Geyser Point


Showing Oma and Opa around...






Pool time!






After Oma and Opa left, Kaitlyn made a Mickey tie-dye shirt.



We ate dinner at the resort.  




We had told them before-hand that we were celebrating Kaitlyn's birthday that week.  They brought her a cup cake and the whole restaurant sang to her- led by our waiter who hilariously (and purposefully) sang off key.  Kaitlyn loved it.  I tried to ignore my PTSD from a similar situation years ago...

Seeing this one spot as a kid made me decide that one day I would stay at this hotel!  













































































No comments: