Thursday, September 4, 2008

Glucose Test

Well, as some of you may have heard, my glucose test came back high. So, I ended up going in for a more "extensive" test on Tuesday. I had to stop eating and drinking at midnight Tuesday morning. Then at 8:45 am I had my first blood draw. Followed by another bottle of Glucola. Then I got to sit and wait for an hour before my blood was drawn again. I got to go through this 3 more times. A total of 4 blood draws in three hours. I have a nice little bruise from all of the needles.

The good news is, I heard back from the doctor's office today and this test came back normal. So, I don't have gestational diabetes and I can continue to eat ice cream. Yay!

I'm off from work tomorrow, so Kevin and I will probably head up to Brunswick Naval Air Station. This weekend is the last air show before the base closes. Tomorrow is military, police, fire, and EMS day. You need to have some kind of ID identifying you as a member of one of those groups to get on base tomorrow, so it should be a lot less crowded than Saturday and Sunday's shows will be. I'm looking forwarded to seeing the Blue Angels again!

1 comment:

Sharon G said...

Yay!!! I am so happy that everything came back normal...sorry you had to go through all of the tests...yuck!!!

Have fun at the air show-Craig and I are bummed that we never had a chance to take Hannah. :-(