Thursday, November 24, 2022

Transatlantic Cruise (11/9 - 11/11)

Next up for us was Vigo, Spain!  We debarked separately due to the timing of the excursion Kaitlyn and I went on.  Kevin and Kenzie explored the port area again.  Kenzie really loved the churro she got! 







Kaitlyn and I went on a excursion that was a walking tour of Ponta Vedra followed by a driving tour of Vigo.


















The next day was a Fun Day at Sea.  Kenzie and Kevin went to Seuss-a-palooza.  They listened to the cruise director read Horton Hears a Who...


while Kaitlyn and I attended the cake decorating class in the Carnival Kitchen.






We could eat as much as we wanted while we were there, but weren't allowed to take it out of the kitchen.  It didn't go to waste though- whatever wasn't eaten was brought down to the Crew Mess!



I had these shirts made for the best buddies!

Formal Night Number 1!




On Kaitlyn's birthday, we docked in Funchal, Portugal (Madeira Island)!  Kevin and Kenzie explored Funchal and had crepes at a local cafe!

 










Kaitlyn and I were fortunate to be on a tour of a large part of the island!



One of the stops was a sugar cane factory where I got to sample the local rum punch!

It was 25% alcohol.  The burn told me I wasn't in college anymore, lol.


Next we stopped in Porto Muniz.





Next up was Cabo Girao- the second highest sea cliff in the world!  I faced my fear of heights on the glass walkway and somehow lived to tell about it!








The only thing scarier than that glass walk way, was our bus driving pulling a 180 in the bus and backing it up the top of this mountain!!  Pretty sure I saw my life flash before my eyes.

Reunited and it feels so good!

We went to the steakhouse onboard for Kaitlyn's birthday dinner.




When we got back to the room, she had a birthday card from the kids club in our mailbox!






No comments: