Thursday, June 15, 2017

Last Day of School

Today was Kaitlyn's last day of second grade and her last day at Holy Cross.  After much thought, we have decided for several reasons to send Kaitlyn to the local public school next year.  We had an amazing tour of the school and Kaitlyn is rather excited, though she will miss her friends!

This morning, they had their last day of school prayer service in the gym (there was a funeral in the church).  Then there were donuts and drinks in the cafeteria.  And finally, they were released for the day for the end of year trip to Funtown!  I was so glad she ran into so many of her friends.  I got away with only riding a small handful of rides with her!  Obviously I am getting old because I would now rather watch than ride. Although I was a bit offended when Kaitlyn asked me if I could "handle going on the swings" with her. 




Sometimes I really can't believe how big Kenzie is getting.  It's easy to forget with all her delays what a big girl she actually becoming!







Sleepy girl!

Kenzie LOVED the carousel.  This was between rides 1 and 2.  I don't think she stopped smiling the entire time!

This weekend we were supposed to leave for our vow renewal cruise.  Unfortunately due to the unknowns with Kenzie's condition and at the recommendation of her lead doctor, we had to cancel our trip.  While we are disappointed, Kenzie's health is obviously the most important thing to us and we look forward to planning some small summer trips and maybe a trip to Florida/Disney late this year or early next.  Now I just have to find somewhere special to wear that dress I bought for the vow renewal...

No comments: