Friday, April 14, 2017

Catch-Up Post

We didn't go to the AHL All-Star Game this year- we didn't really see a point since we lost the Pirates, so I haven't had anything "big" to blog about.  However, I've come to realize that we have a bunch of cute pictures piling up so I'm gonna do one massive blog post from the past 3 months with as many of them as I can...

A few weeks ago we had 3 blizzards roll through back to back.  In case you can't tell, the girls LOVE snow. 









We always have a low-key Valentine's day.  Kaitlyn made special brownies.  The girls got a few treats... Kenzie got the stuffie and book, Kaitlyn got the candy.  Kevin and I don't usually get each other anything, but this year we just happened to be at The Cookie Jar, so we got sweet treats to share.













Our church had a Mardi Gras party for the kids this year.  There were arts and crafts, face painting, and a guess how much candy is in the jar game.  Kaitlyn won!  My Kaitlyn's guess was only off by 10 Skittles!







It's always a bit sad when St. Patrick's Day falls on a Friday of Lent.  You can tell just by looking at the girls they got those Irish genes big time!  Of course we celebrate it hard... lots of green... lots of glitter... and lots of corned beef!  We wore green all weekend.  Kenzie's outfit may or may not have left glitter all over everything... including Daddy's work uniform (oops!). 

On Friday, since we couldn't eat meat, we had dinner at Olive Garden.  Kaitlyn had a dress down day at school and we brought her a special surprise dessert from Governors where we stopped for lunch on the day we picked up Frozen.




Saturday, we had our first corned beef dinner (yes, I said first!) at one of the churches in our parish cluster.  We share priests and activities, but St. Patrick's Day up here is so big that each church in the cluster has their own St. Patrick's Day dinner.  This church also had Irish step dancing after dinner.  Kaitlyn loved it and attempted to do her own version.  We are now looking into getting her lessons as she quickly expressed an interest in learning it.






On Sunday, after Mass at our church we went to our corned beef dinner. The person wearing the most green at each table was entered into a raffle.  Kaitlyn won, though she didn't realize until after I checked her ticket!





Kaitlyn recently went to the Animal Refuge League with the Girl Scouts.  While there, she got a tour of their new center and made toys for the animals.  She made one for a cat named Kenzi.  And yes, Kenzie met Kenzi though I didn't get a picture as I was holding Kenzie (did you follow that?  Haha).




This past weekend, Kaitlyn went to a classmate's birthday party... at the skating rink.  She'd never gone skating before. Despite the practice rink, it was quickly apparent that I was going to have to suck it up and put on some skates for the first time since 5th grade.  After forgiving the evil high school/ college student at the rental counter for telling me they did not carry women's skates that big, but he would give me a size 10 in men's skates, I saw my life flash before my eyes and made it to the floor.  Kaitlyn took a few spills, but didn't do too badly.  By the end, I wasn't doing too badly either despite Kaitlyn's apparent determination to take me down with her.  She will not, however, be having a birthday party at the skating rink in my lifetime!





Yesterday, we went down to Boston Children's Hospital.  Once we get the test results from the doctor in a few days, Kevin will do a blog update.  And of course, we will be having Easter pictures coming as well!

No comments: